In this article, we are going to explore the 10 best strains of marijuana to grow outside. These strains have been evaluated as the top 10 strains to grow outside. This is a guide to find which strain is right for you. Whether you are looking for a high yield, high THC concentration or the highest high, this article will guide you to your perfect strain. Sometimes it is difficult when there is so much content out there saying, “Buy this!” “But that!” but this article is different. This is an honest and open approach to finding the best strain to grow outside.
There are a few things you need to know before growing outdoors. Since your plant is outdoors, you cannot control the environment like you can inside. The quick fix to this is to ensure you are growing your strain at the right time of the year. You can learn more about each strain by clicking the link to the specific strains.
It is also important to feed your plants what they need. We sell marijuana fertilizers and protectors, so you can buy all of your supplies in one place. The last part you need to know is to ensure your plant has enough space to grow. Some on this list are compact and others are tall, so make sure you have enough space for both.
Let’s get started! Here are the Top 10 Strains of Marijuana to grow outside!
- The White Widow is made up of 60% Indica and 40% Sativa. It contains up to 19% THC and less than 1% CBD.
- The best climate for a White Widow is indoors or a cool or sunny climate.
- It takes 9 weeks to flower and it yields about 18 oz per 3×3 ft.
- The White Widow gives the perfect combination of happiness and relaxation.
The White Widow is an Indica-dominant strain. This strain isn’t giant by any means, it is an average size. What makes this strain popular is it’s adaptive nature, plus it’s easy to grow (and is disease resistant) The White Widow is able to live indoors or outdoors, it can withstand cool or sunny environments. This strain is known for its euphoric and creative high making it great for those with ADD, ADHD, Anxiety, Depression and Stress.
- The Super Skunk is 80% Indica and 20% Sativa. It contains up to 20% THC and less than 1% CBD.
- ● The Super Skunk can thrive indoors, or outdoors( sunny or cool climates)
- ● It takes the Super Skunk 8 weeks to flower and you can expect a yield of 18 to 21 oz per 3×3 ft.
- The effects the Super Skunk gives are relaxation, drowsiness and an uplifted mood.
The Super Skunk contains a very high percentage of Indica, so you can expect the almost sedative state after using. Similarly to the White Widow, this plant stays an average size. The Super Skunk is special because of it’s high yield of 18 to 21 oz per 3×3 ft. The quick flowering time also makes it a wonderful option for those eager to produce powerful buds. This is a wonderful supplement for those with Insomnia, Lack of Appetite, Depression, ADD and ADHD.
- The Blueberry Feminized Autoflower is made up of 80% Indica and 20% Sativa. It contains up to 14% THC and less than 1% CBD.
- The most ideal place to grow the Blueberry Feminized Autoflower is eitherIndoors or in a cool climate.
- The flowering time is 8 weeks and this strain yields about 4-6 oz per 3×3 ft.
- The Blueberry Feminized Autoflower produces a gently euphoric and sleepy high.
Here is another Indica-dominant Autoflower. The Blueberry Feminized Autoflower is one of the lowest producing strains on this list. Yes, it doesn’t yield as much as the other ones, but it’s calming effects are argued to be worth it. Although the Blueberry Feminized Autoflower doesn’t have a high THC content, that does not take away from the powerful effects this beautiful plant can produce. This award winning strain, (2000’s Best Indica Strain) is an excellent match for those with Depression, Insomnia and Pain.
- The Sour Diesel Feminized contains 40% Indica and 60% Sativa. It has less than 1% CBD and up to 20% THC.
- The flowering time is 10 weeks. The Sour Diesel Feminized yields 16 oz per 3×3 ft.
- The Sour Diesel can be grown indoors or in a sunny climate.
- The Sour Diesel Produces an energetic, uplifting and happy high.
The Sour Diesel Feminized is our first Sativa-dominant strain on the list. It is another one with a marvelous THC content of 20%. While the previous strains have been average in height, the Sour Diesel is considered tall (which is common for Sativa-dominant strains.) It also takes longer to flower, so this strain is not one for the impatient. It is also considered difficult to grow, so this is not a match for beginners. This Sativa-dominant strain produces such an uplifting and calming high, it is perfect for those with Depression, Fatigue and Pain.
- The Bergman’s Gold Leaf contains 60% Indica and 40% Sativa. This strain
Contains up to 21% THC and a moderate amount of CBD.
- Just like the Sour Diesel, Bergman’s Gold Leaf can be grown indoors or in a
- Bergman’s Gold Leaf takes 9 weeks to flower and yields 16 to 23 oz per 3×3 ft.
- This strain produces an upbeat, energetic and relaxed high.
Bergman’s Gold Leaf is another tall plant that isn’t recommended for beginners. Although it is considered Indica-dominant, it is really a balance between the Indica and Sativa. It’s 21% THC content gives Bergman’s Gold Leaf, 1st place in the highest THC content so far. Bergman’s Gold Leaf also wins the highest yield so far. It thrives indoors or in a sunny climate. To put it briefly this strain offers energy without the jitters.
- The Northern Lights Feminized is made of 90% Indica and 10% Sativa. You can expect up to 18% THC content and less than 1% CBD.
- Northern Lights’ favorite places to grow are indoors and in a sunny climate.
- This strain takes 9 weeks to flower. After growing Northern Lights to perfection, you can expect 12-16 oz per 3×3 ft.
- The effects after consuming Northern Lights are gently euphoric, relaxing and happy.
Almost completely composed of Indica, the Northern Lights is a very popular strain for Indica fanatics. We can also say this is an ideal fit for beginners and pro growers alike. You can optimize growth by growing indoors or in a sunny climate. You don’t have to worry about the height of the Northern Lights plant because it stays within the average plant size. The best asset this strain has is its ability to give relief to those with Anxiety, Depression, Pain and Insomnia.
- Amnesia Haze is made of 20% Indica and 80% Sativa. It contains up to 21% THC and less than 1% CBD.
- The Amnesia Haze is tricky to grow. It prefers a sunny and warm climate.
- This strain flowers in 9 weeks. You can expect to yield 2 1-25 oz per 3×3 ft.
- When Amnesia Haze is used, the user can anticipate a creative, energetic and relaxed high.
Amnesia Haze has a lot to bring to the table. Whether it is its generous concentration of THC or it being a Sativa-dominant plant. In the marijuana world, Amnesia Haze is a part of the “tall club.” Its height as well as its sensitivity to conditions makes Amnesia Haze one for the pros. This is not for beginners. Amnesia Haze gave Bergman’s Gold Leaf a run for his money. Amnesia Haze is the highest yielding strain so far. Amnesia Haze is the perfect fit for those with low mood, fatigue, pain and stress.
- Purple Haze is made of 30% Indica and 70% Sativa. It can contain up to 20% THC and less than 1% CBD.
- This beauty thrives indoors or in a sunny or cool climate.
- Purple Haze flowers in 9 weeks and yields between 14 -19 oz per 3×3 ft.
- Similar to other Sativa-dominant strains, Purple Haze offers a creative, energetic and uplifted high.
The Sativa-dominant powerhouse, Purple Haze is easy to grow due to its average size and ability to thrive in so many environments. Not only does it have a decent yield, but it is beautiful. The berry taste and sweet smell completely embody the name. Purple Haze offers the most for those with ADD, ADHD, Depression, Fatigue, PTSD and Pain because of its stimulating high.
- Gorilla Glue Feminized Autoflower has a concentration of 50% Indica and 50% Sativa and up to 26% THC!!!!
- This compact plant thrives indoors or in a cool or sunny climate.
- Gorilla Glue flowers in 8 weeks and yields between 4 – 6 oz per 3×3 ft.
- The effects of Gorilla Glue are happiness and an uplifted mood.
It’s the one, the only *drum roll please*… Gorilla Glue. This sticky potent hybrid has endless amazing attributes to offer. Its compact size plus its ability to thrive in most environments, makes it a wonderful fit for beginners. Gorilla Glue’s small yield makes it an ideal match for beginners because they won’t be overwhelmed with so much bud. Don’t forget it’s high concentration of THC! It is literally the perfect combination of Indica and Sativa. This immaculate combination creates the most ideal high for those with Depression, Insomnia, Lack of appetite and Stress. This is also a great early finishing outdoor strain for those who are looking for quick grows!
- LSD Feminized is made of 45% Indica and 55% Sativa and has up to 24% THC.
- This strain thrives indoors and a sunny climate.
- LSD Feminized flowers in 8 weeks and yields 14 -17 oz per 3×3 ft.
- This strain produces a happy and relaxed high.
LSD Feminized is another popular one. It’s high THC content is definitely a high selling point; LSD Feminized is also considered easy to grow. LSD Feminized is an ideal strain for beginners to grow. Having such a high yield with such a high concentration of THC also makes it very popular. This Indica-Sativa hybrid is amazing for those with Depression, Pain and Stress.
Final Thoughts on the Best Marijuana Strains to Grow Outside
Now we have made it through the Top 10 Marijuana Strains to grow outside, so let’s do a quick recap. Our highest yielders were Amnesia Haze, 21-25 oz per 3×3 ft, and Bergman’s Gold Leaf, 16-23 oz per 3×3 ft. The two highest yielders have more to offer than just a high yield, they offer an optimal high. The strains that were the best for beginners were LSD Feminized, Gorilla Glue, Purple Haze, and Northern Lights to name a few. The strain with the highest content of THC was Gorilla Glue at 26% THC.
Growing outdoors has much to offer. It gives the plants the opportunity to get amazing sunlight and the grower doesn’t have to tweak the light cycle to mimic the outdoors because the plant is outdoors. For those who don’t have space inside to grow, outdoor growing is amazing!