When you’re looking for cannabis growing resources, it can be difficult to find an all in one resource that covers ever aspect of growing marijuana. That being said, after reading nearly a hundred different books I’ve finally narrowed it down to my top 7 best marijuana grow books that provide you with everything you need to know to start your grow!
Below I’ve be giving a brief review and overview of each of the books, and give you a quick rundown of what it covers, and a bit about the author.
1. The Marijuana Grow Bible by Robert Bergman – FREE – Best For Beginners
What’s a better resource than from one of the father’s of modern day cannabis cultivation – Robert Bergman. Robert Bergman is the owner and founder of ILoveGrowingMarijuana.com which is one of the largest online marijuana seed provider as well as cannabis resources. With over 25 years of cannabis experience, Bergman, has experience with small 5 plant home grows all the way to industrial sized plantations and labs.
This FREE e-book by Bergman is one of the most popular growing resource for both beginners and advanced growers alike. With over 750,000 total readers, this will give you the best foundation of knowledge of any guide on the internet. You will learn the following:
- Avoiding common mistakes and how to set up a new grow for success
- Setting up both indoor & closet grows and outdoor growing environments that will save you money and produce high quality cannabis.
- Avoiding diseases and other growing challenges.
- Frequently asked questions for cannabis grows.
- How to get bigger buds in your grows
Although this grow bible has been out for a few years and there are newer and more advanced guides, this one does a great job for those who are looking for a good foundation on growing. If you’re an experienced grower I might recommend our next book, but this one is great for beginners!
2. The Cannabis Grow Bible: The Definitive Guide to Growing Marijuana For Recreational and Medicinal Use by Greg Green
Although this book doesn’t come in a digital format like the last book, this book of a similar title is perfect in paperback format because of it’s beautiful and extremely informative pictures. This book written by Greg Green, is toted as the most comprehensive marijuana gardening book ever written.
This book is one of my favorite go to resources when starting a new grow simply because it has all the information you might need. Green has formal education in advanced botany and plant horticulture which has allowed him to become a great resource for cannabis grows. This book covers some of the following:
- Nearly 700 pages of cannabis growing content.
- Indoor and outdoor grow strategies and setups.
- Lighting setups and configurations.
- Hundreds of high quality images which will help during your grow.
- A quick-start grow guide to get you going ASAP!
- Improving trichome production
Overall this is one of the best resources around that simply compiles all the information you need in one spot. It does a good job of educating you no matter your skill or experience, as well as giving you a quick start guide to get you going! Overall I’d definitely recommend you taking a look at this guide!
This cannabis resource has been out since 2006, and is a #1 Best Seller on Amazon with over 3,300 positive ratings! This book is considered the holy grail of marijuana growing books, and simply gives you everything you need to get started, no matter your experience level.
This book has over 500 pages of information and over 1,000 full color photographs and illustrations to help you setup your grow as best as possible. This is the fifth edition, with the original being released in 1983. With over 500,000 copies sold since then, this is one of the highest praised resources available! In this book you’ll learn about some of the following:
- The perfect closet, basement, backyard and guerrilla gardens setup and configuration guide.
- Commercial level grow configurations.
- Graphs and illustrations to help with understanding.
- Growing cycle information and tips.
Overall this book is a great and comprehensive guide, but there are a few negative feedback pieces about it. There are some people that aren’t impressed and believe there are some myths portrayed as facts and a few key components are missing. Overall I thought it was pretty high quality with lots of good information, but I do believe that the two listed above are probably more comprehensive.
4. Marijuana Grower’s Handbook: Your Complete Guide for Medical and Personal Marijuana Cultivation – by Ed Rosenthal and Tommy Chong
If you’re looking for a resource on growing cannabis, then who can you trust more than Tommy Chong? Although this majority of this book is written by Ed Rosenthal who has over 30 years of cannabis experience, Tommy Chong gives it his stamp of approval! Written in 2010, this guidebook has over 1,500 positive reviews on Amazon, and is perfect for beginners and advanced growers alike! In this book you’ll learn about the following:
- The perfect set up for both indoor and outdoor grows.
- 500+ pages of full-color photos and illustrations.
- Tips and tricks to cultivate bigger and more potent buds.
- The ultimate cannabis germination guide.
Overall this book has plenty of practical advice as well as science based results which will help your grow. Some readers have complained that Rosenthal focuses a bit too much on the scientific approach rather than a practical approach. Overall I thought it was a good mix of the two, but I could see how some would feel a bit overwhelmed.